onsdag 6 januari 2010

Newness.

So here it is. The new year. It took me a few days to really realise it and let go of 2009 but now even I cant deny it anymore.

New year, new times, new habits. And, of course, new ways in which to challenge myself. I must say, seeing a entire decade pass and being reasonably aware of it (most of the time) is humbling and not just a little bit exciting. As a part of the New Year optimism I've decided to try out stuff that I do not feel that I fully master. Such as writing a entire blog entry in english. I cant promise that I'll stick to it, but I did at least give it a try (but only after a few encouraging words from sensei, I must admit). We'll se how long it'll last, wont we?

So, anyways... a New Year. Year of the Tiger, according to the chinese zodiac. It seems more like the year of the fox to me - I'm currently working on two larger pieces depicting kitsune, as my swedish readers is well aware of, and both Thomas and Viktor is eager to get more work done. It's challenging as wall as highly rewarding to be able to work so focused on one type of motif and I'm glad to be given that opportunity.
When I'm not thinking of kitsune, I try to make something out of a design with Daikoku and Ebisu. It has proven itself a bit more complicated than expected, but I think I am on to something. Time will tell.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar